My Zimbio
Top Stories A Darn Hectic Day: Give the A in DHD some attention!

Sunday 11 December 2011

Give the A in DHD some attention!

So linked in is a link to a useful ADHD forum where you can post your stories, strategies and advice. Obviously I'm hoping you all can feel like you can do the same here, but this forum is pretty useful for general medical proffessional advice, which obviously i can't give you all...yet :P (I do study biology, chemistry and psychology so ya know :) )

Well today I was revising and organising all my biology work with one of my best friends as we both have a large unit 1 mock test on monday and I found myself noticing all her difficulties in concentrating and distractability etc. I know her sister has ADD so i suggested she get it checked out, but talking things through with her made me think of another point to write on here as a coping strategie.

BREAK IT DOWN.
She was complaining about not being able to complete a whole two pages of notes on cell membranes, which to be fair is pretty dull stuff. So I said to her, break it down. The page consists of tables on different organelles found in the cell and information on said organelle. I told her to do a table, or more (however many she could focus on) then take a small break, e.g. put on a song to break up that horrid revision silence, or have a drink or.and only if your already addicted!!! >.< Have a cigerette (which I also suggest breaking up into 3 a day instead of 5, 5 instead of 10 etc. if you're trying to quit)

SO put it into easy goals, like if your walking somewhere far and you say right 'im gonna get to that lampost' ...'now im gonna get to that dustbin'....and before you know it the larger more out of sight goal is suddenly approaching and you're there. :) Small goals make you feel like you've acheived something and make the larger goals so much eaiser to reach. So give that Attention some attention. Don't force yourself to concentrate, just take it in sizeable chunks.

Finally. HERE'S SOMETHING USEFUL IF YOU HAVE THE NEW MICROSOFT WORD!
I'd never realised before, but you can actually make new documents with ready made templates, and boy o boy are those templates awesome!!! >.< you have stuff for everything, business, academic, home, schedules, calendar's, to do lists, surverys BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Like there's a homework planner one, which has sections for 'priority', 'dates due' and 'work to complete'. Seriously, that is something I need, and it's all already there for me. Making organising so much simpler. Believe me! Try it out :)
Anyway back to revising. That information isn't gonna diffuse straight into my brain unfortunetly :( GOOD LUCK! and keep on working hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think :) It would be hugely appreciated ^^