My Zimbio
Top Stories A Darn Hectic Day: Oh To Darnations Again

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Oh To Darnations Again

This simple little phrase has actually helped me quite a lot.
It is a..lemme get this right...an acrostic to remember a rhyme which is;
One at a Time, heed the Rhyme, Do it all now Avoid the how how's.
Kinda idiotic I know but when it comes to those times where all my motivation has died, I remind myself of it. Ok so my room still gets stupidly messy but at least now it doesn't quite reach the same level it used to, or stay that way for quite as long. In fact today I even put some items around the room away instead of just leaving them there to pile up with the stuff that I won't be quite so good at putting away straightaway.

Plus I'm not kicking my butt into gear to organise all my work BEFORE I start my second AS unit and not after as did for Unit 1, ok so I also have some pretty good motivation i.e. just remember that gut clenching stress not being prepared gave me before my exams and thats the little extra boost I need to get into my room and get organising. So Do it all now, that way when it comes to the end you won't be asking yourself HOW DID I LET THIS ALL HAPPEN? Coz you won't have. Simple as.

On another topic, Stress. Funnily enough I'm probably at the peak of my stress levels right now just as I start the first module in my Unit 2 of AS Psychology-Stress. Hahahaha. How appropiate. It's good though, It means my counsellor and I can have pretty indepth discussions about the subject.
So for anyone who hasen't got a counsellor, stress therapist? Or doesn't do pyschology, here's the advice I was given for if you're severely stressed out.

Deep breathing (ugh I know, painfully boring and annoyingly simple..but try it out. *shrug* it may work for you) I mean when I'm stressed if I take a deep breath it does make thing's a tiny bit better.
Secondly start Yoga, or Pilates or Tai chi or just meditate- all good counterattacks for your overpumped sympathetic system (?)-the system that controls you're fight mechanism, closely related to causing prolonged stress. If you get all sweaty and hot and have a fast heart rate you could be experiencing physical stress. (notice how the symptoms are oddly similar to the effects of exercise? Hence the 'physical' at the beginning.) If you experience that like me, then try out any of these counterattack activities.

Finally write down three good things each day, or three things you are grateful for. They can be absoloutely tiny!!! Ok so my examples for today are;
I came home early from school, I managed to write down some answers in my product design exam even if they were probably wrong and definetly incomplete aaaand, I'm currently drinking a very nice Friji milkshake. See? It can even be 'I got out of bed this morning', 'I can walk' 'I have my sight' Simple things to be grateful for, or 'I got a highscore on my game'.

Apparently I'm lucky because I'm still connected to my inner child and it's a playful type. Which means I get excited about really tiny things. Honestly I don't think adults get excited enough, it's how I've survived. Take pleasure in the little things. I mean I got stupidly excited because my game on my phone has a polar bear character (I love polar bears)
Honestly sometimes my friends ask incredulously 'how are you so excited about that?' Or tell me to 'stop getting so excited about life.'
No, No way, NO WAY. Get excited about LIFE. BELIEVE ME
It's probably the biggest thing thats kept me going. That and the belief that things will always get better...eventually. (Old picture btw :D but it's me studying. @_@  Everyones gotta do it. :( but at least do it with cool hair!!!!! -_- or so I like to think ¬_¬ :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think :) It would be hugely appreciated ^^