My Zimbio
Top Stories A Darn Hectic Day: My main causes for stress

Sunday 1 January 2012

My main causes for stress

So I thought this may be useful to anyone who lives with ADHD rather than for someone with ADHD themselves (my apologies to any potential ADHD victims/lucky people who may follow this blog..in the future).

Of course bearing in mind that I have many other idiosyncrisie's (sp?) and uh mental...difficulties? other than ADHD. So some of this may be relevant, and some of it not so much so.
Anyway, my stresses, what I find really difficult to cope with, what makes me mad, what makes me sad, and what makes me wanna do..bad...stuff.

Not understanding something straight away:
 Oh boy oh boy oh boy does that make me feel frustrated. I'll give an example to clarify how this works. I'm revising biology, I come across something I don't understand. I think "Oh crud I don't understand this", I think "And this, and this and this, and if I don't get this then what about this too? it's the heart right? I don't get Atrial Systole and omg what about those electro cardiogram thingy's, shiiiiz, I don't know anything, I'm gonna fail biology, I'm gonna fail my A level's, I don't know how to revise all this in time, even if I learn this there's this and this and this and DO YA SEE HOW IT WORKS?


Plus it makes me feel so so dumb
Not getting what a teacher's telling me:
I mean it's just embarassing trying to tell a teacher to repeat a simple instruction, something everyone else gets straight away, especially when their all like " Don't you know how to do THAT?!" If you do. Pssh sometime's it's just easier to ignore everything the teacher says and do it your own way. Less embarassing, but cause's more trouble..if you're obvious about it ;P

Being told to do something I don't agree with:
Ok so all kids get this, but I dunno if other kids with ADHD get the urge to blurt out every single argument against it on their mind. Call it word vomit if you will, but those words have to come out of me at some point, doesn't really matter when. But at some point. For instance if I have a thought about how much my little brother pisse's me off, I have to tell SOMEONE, even if that means just venting at my mum. I'd like someone to understand that when I argue the case when I believe an instruction to be utterly pointless, or for something to be completely unfair, IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THESE GREAT ARGUMENTS AND I CAN'T JUST LEAVE THEM STEWING IN MY BRAIN!

Forgetting things:
Oh my god what an utter pain, especially when it's stuff that you practice over and over, like how to draw hands T_T or noses, what the right way is to draw arms T_T what a xylem tube's properties are or how vacuum forming works. It's not like I don't go over them. Short term it's great but it's so bloody frustrating going over stuff again and again and NEVER REMEBERING IT! ALWAY'S HAVING TO REFER BACK.

Not being left alone by your thoughts:
Yeah so this is a big one, I have so many thoughts cluttering my mind and sometimes they just won't leave me alone. Ok screw sometimes, there'll be days where I literally have the same thing rotating on a constant spin at the back of my mind driving me insane and writing it down on a bit of paper doesn't help coz i'll just forget to look at that note. I can't not draw out that idea I just had even though I have limited revision time left. I end up with an arm full of barely legible writing and tons of scrappy notes that get lost so easily causing yup! More stress. So when I say to you: "I have to do this right now" It's because it literally feels that way or it'll drive me insane even more insane.

Feeling hyper and not being able to contain it:
Oh sweet potato, this one is bad. It's like a horrible need to do something, anything, and the more you try not to the weirder you get, and the weirder you get the more insecure you feel, so the weirder you get and then you just burst and then you stress coz now everyone thinks your just intensely weird. *sighs* It's especially hard when I wanna just RUN in the middle of like, oxford street :s...embaaaaraaassiiiing.

Organising:
Pah, what a nuisance, I do mean to stay tidy honestly, it's just trying to remember where everything's meant to go and when something doesn't fit *cries*. Ok so I don't know how many people have this, but I can see pretty much every option, so it's not so much a matter of not being able to see how to organise. it's a matter of not knowing which way is best, or how to use all of them. and if something doesn't fit somewhere the whole system's messed and then I don't know what to do. I mean where do little alien men go when you don't have toys in your room anymore (not true, just couldn't think of a better example :p ) Am I meant to take up more space by creating a whole new place for the toys to go when there's only one!!!!!???????? You tell me :(

Going out:
I get lost. Annoying. Not much else to say.



On another note: Here's me blonde. I'm gonna show you every colour I've been so far (and will be) in random posts, you lucky things :)
Blonde: (3 different lightings :D)



Nighty night bloggers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think :) It would be hugely appreciated ^^