My Zimbio
Top Stories A Darn Hectic Day: DO NOT MIX CONCERTA MEDS WITH COFFEE!

Wednesday 22 February 2012

DO NOT MIX CONCERTA MEDS WITH COFFEE!

Ok so after reading this article on the benefits of Coffee on this (great, don't get me wrong) ADHD blog, I tried drinking a Mocha before school, completely forgetting that I had already taken my concerta meds or maybe just acting on impulse i.e. not thinking it through..BAD IDEA.
I spent the next 7 hours more hyped than I've ever been without any medication AT ALL. I was twitchy, my hand shook uncontrollably, I literally couldn't focus on anything for more than a second (usually I can for at least a minute! >.<) and my heart was going waay too rapidly to feel comfortable. Plus I was growing ever more tense and angry because i couldn't get through to CAMS for any Bleedin advice, what a fat lot of good they are. So in the end I got home and blew a total fuse.

I guess all that therapy and medication must not have been working all so great coz all those suppressed urges to destroy stuff and get mad just came rushing up in one insane burst. I smashed a mug (it literally feels so good to do that), Hurtled my ADHD meds at the wall in their stupid circle container and broke it and sent them flying, Chucked a load of stuff around then put it back again, Burnt paper, Painted a strip of wall with gold paint, made red handprints on my white bedroom wall with paint, cut off a bit of my hair, sprayed water everywhere. Just..virtually any urge I got I just did it. It was mad. I felt so deluded...I screamed and jumped up and down and made a ton of noise (noone was home). Just BANGING ON THE FLOOR. It felt so horrible and so good. Like a massive release but at the same time like It was just a step before something worse..

anyway I'm pretty sure the trip out from the Coffee sent me over, so my piece of advice for today is bloody simple. DO NOT MIX CONCERTA AND COFFEE! EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and tell me what you think :) It would be hugely appreciated ^^